Bismarck

AV

Clearwater

Fredericktown

Lesterville

Replies (23)

Imo.Anyone of the top 3 could win this!

-- Posted by porchswing on Thu, Nov 3, 2016, at 11:11 PM

Would bet West County will be in the Championship game.

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 12:45 AM
  • Ellington should win this.

-- Posted by Bearcat Fan on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 8:05 AM
  • I'm with bearcat on this

-- Posted by JustAnotherDay on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 5:11 PM
  • West County lost a quite a bit to graduation last year, what do they have to replace those that left?

-- Posted by bunthimover on Sun, Nov 6, 2016, at 8:21 AM

I'm really not sure but no matter what, every year it seems like they find a way to at least get in the Championship game. They have always played well I'm in this tournament.

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 5:21 AM

I do agree Ellington is the clear favorite but would not shock me to see South Iron or West county win it! Anybody 4-8 that would be a shocker!

-- Posted by porchswing on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 10:11 AM

Could someone keep me updated with the scores from tonight? None of the games will be on the radio tonight. Thanks!

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Nov 21, 2016, at 5:50 PM
  • Ellington beat Lesterville by 30ish

South Iron beat Clearwater by 20

West County beat Fredericktown by 20

Just me or is this the worst team talent I've ever seen and been watching it since 1970.

-- Posted by country-dude on Mon, Nov 21, 2016, at 11:20 PM

cker23,KFMO 1240 along with kdkz 95.9 and j98 98.5 will be carrying the tourney games from the semi-finals on i believe! Country-dude i agree i didn't see any state champions last night but IMO i seen a couple of teams starting to get it together in the second half of their games.I am also interested in seeing the other quarter final game tonight been hearing very good things about the junior from Bismark Mr.Jarvis!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Nov 22, 2016, at 10:22 AM

That's good to know porch. Always try to pay attention to this tourney. There are always a few really good games in this one. I love listening to other stations do games on-air. Always gets me pumped for my season of radio broadcast. Haha.

-- Posted by cker23 on Tue, Nov 22, 2016, at 11:21 AM

Finals!

Ellington 71-32 over Lesterville

South Iron 61-30 over Clearwater

West county 62-35 over Fredericktown

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Nov 22, 2016, at 3:32 PM

My guess is Bismarck had no business being a 4 seed.

-- Posted by cker23 on Tue, Nov 22, 2016, at 11:03 PM
  • Bismarck or AV 4 or 5. Av is going to surprise some folks. They play defense. Not so fast Ellington..

-- Posted by country-dude on Wed, Nov 23, 2016, at 12:03 AM

They're a district opponent to Woodland so I always keep an eye on them. Wish they would play each other in the regular season. (Woodland & AV that is)

-- Posted by cker23 on Wed, Nov 23, 2016, at 6:51 AM
  • There's a lack in talent? Maybe but has there been such talented players like a Marshon Morrisey or Wes Sharp in a while? I mean this Ellington team would be scary good if they had a guard or two. But there still rolling through there opponents so far! Even though my money is on West County this year.

-- Posted by JustAnotherDay on Thu, Nov 24, 2016, at 6:03 AM
  • Does anybody know if they are steaming this game live like they did last year?

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Nov 24, 2016, at 10:55 AM
  • Bismarck over Clearwater by 30 for 5th Place

AV 61 South Iron 58 for 3rd

West County 41 Ellington 38 on a buzzer beater 3 in the championship!

WOW!!

-- Posted by country-dude on Thu, Nov 24, 2016, at 11:14 PM

I knew West County would be in championship game before the tourney even started as stated above. Would of never guessed they would of won it. Congrats! Proud to say that I once was a West County Bulldog!

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Nov 25, 2016, at 8:07 AM

All I can say is wow as well unbelievable for those who went up and watched the 90th edition of this Thanksgiving tourney you have to feel like you got your money's worth might not have had the best teams in the state playing in it but boy sure had some nice high quality high-school players from a tough fire plug Pryor for av to a solid cornel kid who had 25 in the third place game for south iron to a 6foot 4 m Marson Morrissey and a 6 foot 6 Wesley sharp for Ellington a 6 3 guard Jarvis for Bismarck unbelievably talented high school players oh yeah forgot one not really just saving this best for last a 6 foot 2 guard who goes by the name Mr minershagen I had him for 27 including a clutch contested 3 to tie the game with a 6 foot 6 sharp guarding him all night even followed him to the water fountain but if that was not enough after hitting that shot he comes over to the west county crowd and winks at them as to say nothing to it I have done this before he beat south iron with a base line jumper 2 years ago as a sophomore and if all that wasn't enough the next possession as time is running out he hits a fade away 3 front half way between the top of the key and half court over an out stretched 6 foot 6 Wesley sharp and it was nothing but net last night is the kind of game that every kid dreams of when they first start dribbling the ball it was Mr minershagens world last night and I for one am just thankful that God let me live in it with him!

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Nov 25, 2016, at 9:14 AM
  • Schofield cker23??

-- Posted by country-dude on Fri, Nov 25, 2016, at 9:11 PM

No lol.

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Nov 25, 2016, at 10:31 PM

I moved out of the district in Jr. High. Finished out at Woodland. No but do I remember my days in purple and white.

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Nov 25, 2016, at 10:36 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: