High School Baseball Forum: Clearwater gets new Basketball and Baseball coaches.

Posted by tooldogging on Wed, Jun 18, 2014, at 3:37 PM:

C'water hired Leopold's Andy Beck as new head basketball coach to replace Louis Bell, who is the new Middle School principal at Bloomfield. Hopefully, Coach Beck will be able to bring what he did at Leopold to help C'water's basketball program continue to improve. They also hired Ethan Devenport as the new head baseball coach. He was assistant this spring under Joey McAlister, who stepped down due to health reasons. Good luck to both of C'water's new head coaches! GO TIGERS!!

Replies (5)

• I think good hires by Clearwater who are losing two great Coaches in Bell and Joey Mc. I heard that the girls team has hired Barb Adams to coach the girls. Tooldogging,is this correct and if so is a complete shocker to me.

-- Posted by crosshair on Fri, Jun 20, 2014, at 10:46 PM
  • Clearwater inherits great coaches with great reputations and it's a great place to live. In boys basketball Class 3 will always be tough for Clearwater in boys basketball as long as they stick with five classes.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sat, Jun 21, 2014, at 3:54 AM
  • I would rank Bell as one of the best coaches in the history of the region to not take a team to the final four in boys basketball. I can remember around 10 when he coached at Bloomfield. 10 to 15 years later his work remains remarkable.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sat, Jun 21, 2014, at 4:22 AM
  • I read that Coach McAlister had a 195-41 record at Clearwater. His teams won 5 BRL titles and 4 OFC titles in 6 years. Coach Bell also had a very good record over the last 4-5 years and winning 2 districts. The overall talent at Clearwater from years past in baseball has been down and basketball lost a lot going into next year. Could be a rebuilding year for both sports.

-- Posted by clearwaterfan on Sat, Jun 21, 2014, at 5:12 PM
  • One should also admire the work of McAlister.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jun 22, 2014, at 2:09 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: