High School Baseball Forum: Farmington Hounds Post 416, disgrace to the game

Posted by Dragon & Warrior Fan on Thu, Jul 18, 2013, at 9:04 AM:

For the 2nd year in a row the Farmington Hounds Post 416 was eliminated from the Senior American Legion District Tournament by way of forfeit because the tried to CHEAT. What a absolute DISGRACE to the game of baseball, the town of Farmington and most importantly to a well respected organization like the AMERICAN LEGION. The American Legion State Rule Book states "Teams competing in all Department Tournaments must have a minimum of 12 legal players available to start any tournamnet game. Teams with less than 12 players will forfeit". Last year Farmington had 11 players but claimed that one player went home due to sickness but yet nobody ever seen this player at the park at anytime. This year Farmington had 13 players listed on their line-up card which 2 of the players were illegal and filling the vacant spots left by 2 legal players who were not there. When the District Commissioner approached and asked one of the illegal players what his named was he LIED and told him his name was a player who was legal but not there. When asked for identification he could not produce it. Nice role model COACH teaching 17,18,19 year olds on how to CHEAT and disrespect the game and the American Legion reputation. On top of all this Farmington players and coach are upset making comments such as "they are just out to get us" and "they are afraid to play us". I hate to inform you Farmington but you were 3 and 9 and the 5th seed in a 6 team tournament i guarantee you no one was afraid to play you.Play by the rules and respect the game.

Replies (8)

• who is the coach of this disgrace?

-- Posted by RedShirt on Thu, Jul 18, 2013, at 9:23 AM

I was really expecting to have read they brought in some 30 year old Dominican with a rough birth certificate to fill the void .

-- Posted by thunderstick on Thu, Jul 18, 2013, at 9:51 AM
  • wonder how many times this happens and teams get away with it

-- Posted by hb1025 on Thu, Jul 18, 2013, at 10:01 AM
  • let the kids play.. if they run out of ayers due to injury etc the game ends and they forfeit.. bad move by the coach but stupid to punish the kids who had had no reason to be at fault.

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Thu, Jul 18, 2013, at 12:01 PM
  • I've always wondered what the reasoning is for the 12 player minimum. I've heard of this happening before and sometimes they let it go and other times they don't. Isn't it better to let them play and most times, they would not run out of players and there would be no forfeit than making them forfeit at the beginning?

-- Posted by deadred on Thu, Jul 18, 2013, at 12:23 PM
  • I have never seen a legion tournament game start without 12 players in the dugout but i am sure it has happened more than you think. Not sure for the reason for the rule but to try and get around it is kind of foolish. I would personally like to see that rule removed and only state that 9 players must be started(which is also a rule). Surprised that a large town such as Farmington has trouble finding 12 players, especially since they can pull from quite a few schools besides Farmimgton.

-- Posted by deckerd31 on Thu, Jul 18, 2013, at 9:53 PM
  • They should have just spent two hours asking the Warriors how they get more players to come there way.

-- Posted by caniplay on Fri, Jul 19, 2013, at 12:31 PM
  • Of course you would think Valle recruits. It's hard to claim someone recruits when their mom , dad, aunts and uncles all went to the same school. It's a family tradition in ste gen to go to the same school your family did. Or you could look at the rosters and tell that their last names are from the area dating back the last 50 years

-- Posted by Observer24 on Sun, Jul 21, 2013, at 1:57 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: