Halls Tn.

Portageville

Neelyville

Dexter

Clearwater

Malden

South Pemiscot

Charleston

We will also play at Oran on a Rainout Day if we get one.

Replies (23)

• Coach Mathis

Could you please e-mail me a varsity basketball roster to dward@dddnews.com?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 12:47 PM
  • That is a tough schedule for any one. especially a class 1 team.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 1:00 PM
  • Cooter is Class 2

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 4:03 PM
  • Nope. Cooter is Class 1 in baseball.

-- Posted by gianthook on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 5:13 PM
  • I have a Cooter roster now. Disregard last question.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 6:28 PM
  • Class 1 3rd biggest Class 1 in the State

-- Posted by CoachMathis44 on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 8:20 PM
  • Tallapoosa Titans Schedule

Pumpkin Center pirates

Rives bombers

Micola Miners

White Oak sluggers

Circle city

Homestown huskies

Catron Cats

Rombauer Raiders

Cooter wildcats

Just a few to mention. Tough schedule but we have some talent this year.

-- Posted by h20_boy on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 2:25 PM
  • H2o you forgot the Dudley dodgers . There legit.

-- Posted by dickie v on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 5:17 PM
  • Thats a pretty good schedule as well. Not many wins in both schedules looks like to me lol

-- Posted by CoachMathis44 on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 12:05 PM
  • I'm going to save everyone the trouble of posting Oran's schedule since everyone cares more about Cooter's anyway but I'll give a breakdown of Oran's schedule by class.

Class 5 - 3 teams

Class 4 - 2 teams

Class 3 - 8 teams

Class 2 - 6 teams

Class 1 - I don't really know or care.

*In the midst of this, Oran will have a game against a power house out of Illinois (not sure of their name) but the rumor mill has it they were a top 100 team in the nation last year.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 1:56 AM
  • That game will be hosted at Notre Dame Regional High School sports complex located precisely 100 feet south of the high school. I had to put myself inside Dustin's shoes for once. I now want a new pair.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 1:58 AM
  • I dont think anyone cares about cooter's schedule I was just posting some games, Everyone knows Oran is loaded and should win a lot of games and is the front runner for the state title, I just hope all teams stay 100 percent so we can see who comes out of the season with the ring and so no one has any excuses, if you dont win your last game of the season, you failed and thats in any sport, Everyones goal is a State title.

-- Posted by CoachMathis44 on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 3:45 PM
  • Cooter Oran showdown in the sec round looking forward to it

-- Posted by Faded_blue on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 2:47 PM
  • 3/19 @ Bloomfield

3/21 @ Advance

3/23 vs. Dexter - 10:00 AM

3/23 vs. Valle Catholic - noon

3/25 @ Leopold

3/28 @ Charleston

4/3 @ Scott City

4/4 @ East Prarie

4/5 vs. Oak Ridge

4/10 vs. SCC

4/12 Waynesville Tournament - TBA

4/13 Waynesville Tournament - TBA

4/13 Waynesville Tournament - TBA

4/16 vs. Saxony Lutheran

4/19 ND Tournament - vs. Helias - 5:00 PM

4/20 ND Tournament - vs. MICDS @ Oran - noon

4/20 ND Tournament - vs. Triad, IL - 6:00 PM

4/23 @ Woodland

4/27 @ Malden - noon

4/27 vs. Neelyville @ Malden - 2:00 PM

4/30 @ Kelly

5/2 vs. NMCC

5/3 vs. Chaffee

5/7 @ Bell City

5/8 vs. Poplar Bluff

5/16 - 5/18 District Tournament @ Oran

5/20 - Sectionals @ district 1 winner

5/22 - Quarterfinals @ Oran

5/27 - 5/28 State Finals

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Feb 22, 2013, at 1:23 AM
  • Lookes like Oran going to have a hard road to hold on that schedule. Goodluck you got some tuff tuff teams to play.

-- Posted by dickie v on Fri, Feb 22, 2013, at 6:52 PM
  • Believe wildcats

As a former wildcat I hope to see cooter finally get past Oran that was the game we got ready for all year and I know coach Crawford will have them guys ready to go and I'm looking forward to seeing #15 match moore pitch for pitch good luck guys

-- Posted by Faded_blue on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 11:25 AM
  • Sounds like you should have started preparing in the offseason. Cooter always seems to have an arm that can match Moore until the game is actually played. Everybody from Cooter doesn't seem to grasp Oran wins every time they play not from their pitching but by playing solid defense and manufacturing runs off playing small ball.

I hope every class 1 team is taking advantage of this precious practice time they're getting in while Oran keeps winning in basketball. When our basketball team decides to lose don't expect much different on the field as on the court.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 5:17 AM
  • Oran has had one of the most consistent baseball programs for the last severl years. However, UncleCharlie, be careful talking about solid defense, when that's what has let us down in the final four.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 7:09 AM
  • Oran doesn't win with defense all that often, they usually get 10 hits, take 6 walks, and the other team makes a couple errors and all of a sudden there's 13 runs lol.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 8:04 AM
  • Uncle Charlie cooter beat Oran last year in the regular season with both teams making a ton of errors and in the sec game cooter only had one hit they got out played I do agree and everyone from cooter knows that they haven't beat Oran but all streaks come to a end sooner or later but I respect your opinion and look forward to the game

And in my opinion bridges can match more and Crawford can match woods it's just up to who plays better on that day

-- Posted by Faded_blue on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 8:25 AM
  • I am really impressed with how good the teams out of Oran are every year. Props to the coaches of basketball and baseball. Moore is a outstanding pitcher and seems like a great kid and he should have a really good year. That being said, Cooter realizes he is not unhitable.They must capitolize on mistake pitches and play the defense that they are very capable of playing. I predict this year with Cooter, you will see a much better team towards the end of the season, than in the beginning. I think Crawford pulls this young bunch together and will make a competitive run at the post season. Hope everyone stays healthy and has a great year.

-- Posted by knockahoma29 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:07 AM
  • What it boils down to is that you have to play the game, meaning Risco could win the district as well as Delta and Southland isn't bad, Those three teams are capable on any given day you still have to play the game, you just don't win on tradition, you win by playing good competition and staying healthy, Im sure Leopold and a few others may compete with Oran. Every year both teams have a hard time getting out of their district. I have respect for all teams in my area as well as the Cape area, All of our coaches know each other down here as well as you guys know each other up North, Nothing is never easy. Baseball is a grind. Good luck to all.

-- Posted by CoachMathis44 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:40 AM
  • It's not the defense that lets us down, it's nerves at the state level. The reason I say this is how many errors did Oran make in last year's sectional and quarterfinal game combined?

You all are starting to sound like Ronnie in the pre-season basketball forum. I couldn't talk my team up much after losing 5-6 players (?) that accounted for what little offense I had and if I also lost my best pitcher to graduation. That's almost an impossible turn over rate for a class 1 school.

@nerd, or we walk and have our 8 hitter raise his average over .100 by hitting a line drive that rolls to Delta ;).

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 12:38 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: