High School Baseball Forum: Conference Baseball Tourny

Posted by dukefan30 on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 9:22 AM:

Who do you think is going to win their first round games? Do you think there will be any upsets?

Kennett vs Kelly/NM

ND vs Dexter

Jackson vs Bluff

Cape Central vs Sikeston

Replies (16)

• I'll take Kennett, ND, Jackson and Cape Central

-- Posted by deadred on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 9:24 AM

Look for dexter to upset nd if heisser isnt on the mound..

-- Posted by JungleStud on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 9:27 AM
  • Look out for Kelly coming out of the ranks, should be a test for a sub-par NMCC team, and the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball, Kennett Indians.

-- Posted by AmateurPro on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 9:45 AM
  • Cape central defeats sikeston 5-1

-- Posted by dukefan30 on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 7:24 PM
  • Any other scores??

-- Posted by dukefan30 on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 7:25 PM
  • where will the Saturday game between Jackson and Notre Dame be played at?

-- Posted by eric birk on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 8:11 PM
  • It should be at Notre Dame at 1:30

-- Posted by Jacksmith9 on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 8:15 PM
  • Sikeston/ Cape Central Game

A good game. The score, although not bad, sounds worse than it was. A very tight game until the 6th inning. Sikeston had some costly mental and fielding errors and really did not hit the ball. Not taking anything away from Cape they played a good game.

The game was well pitched by both pitchers. To bad someone had to lose.

The Sikeston Pitcher pitched an outstanding game and kept Cape players off balance. But Cape swung the bats and got the hits they needed. I think Cape only had one or two hard hit balls. I have seen him pitch in two games and for a Sophmore pitcher he is very smart and has great control.

The cape pitcher threw a great game also. A lot of pitches but, good pitches and good defense= better winning percentage. He has a very nice 12/6 curve that Sikeston could not connect on. Sikeston had some hard hit balls but they were well played by Cape.

If someone has the pitch counts I would be interested to see the difference in the numbers. I am going to say the Sikeston Pitcher only threw around 70 pitches and the Cape pitcher threw over 100. Just my guess.

Great game by both pitchers. Congrats to Cape Central and good luck to both teams.

-- Posted by MoBaseball on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 8:46 PM
  • mobaseball,

sounds like your making excuses for Sikeston

to me.I would say the kid from sikeston threw

over 70 pitches.

-- Posted by baseballwizz on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 9:41 PM
  • baseballwizz:

Just wondering if you can read or maybe just did not read in detail what I thought of the game.

I never said Sikeston should have, could have, or might have won the game if....... I said game was pitched well by both pitchers and Sikeston made some mental and fielding errors. I said Cape got the hits they needed and Sikeston did not hit the ball. I said Cape fielded the ball well. This is baseball if you

did not know.

Now, I complement Cape, complement Sikeston, complement both pitchers and did make a statement about mental and fielding errors by Sikeston. I DO NOT see how this is making excuses for Sikeston.

I thought it was a good post on my honest opinion. And may I add a non bias opinion.

Cape won the game and I am happy for them. They are a good baseball team. They have best some good ball teams. Sikeston is a good baseball team. Have beat some good teams.

Not to bash this guy because I have agreed with and disagreed with some of his post. This NOT "mobaseball07".

-- Posted by MoBaseball on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 11:00 PM
  • And I forgot one thing,

baseballwizz:

I said the Sikeston Pitcher threw around 70 pitches. You said he threw over 70 pitches.... You are right (kind of... I said around 70) After a telephone call.... The Sikeston pitcher threw...76 pitches and the last count for the Cape pitcher with two outs in the seventh was 111 pitches. From a very good source that keeps the score book but not the offical score book.

-- Posted by MoBaseball on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 11:09 PM
  • Baseballwizz,

I was not at the cape/sikeston game and I thought mobaseball gave a good summary of what I missed. By no means did I think he was making excuses. You are like several others who attack people who post their opinion.

I like it when people give their opinion on a game. That's what these blogs are for. Give it a rest.

-- Posted by HeHateMeToo on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 11:09 PM
  • That is a pretty good summary. Im not sure how much you have seen cape play but really they did not swing the bats with authority today, almost just trued to just put the ball in play. There are also so many things that a fan can not pick up on like what signs may be missed and times when a coach plans something but then doesn't get the chance to use it because of players making a wrong decision.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 12:54 AM
  • Yeah I got there late but heard a interesting conversation in Cape bleachers about a situation of Sikeston coach tried to bunt his 3rd man in line up and down 2 runs. He was saying coach Williams should be saying thank you! Thats funny.

-- Posted by tlks2much on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 8:30 AM

That particular situation was two on, nobody out. The 2 spot was up for Sikeston, and Self tried to bunt him to get the runners to second and third with one out for Sikeston's 3 hitter. Unfortnately for Sikeston, the 2 hitter popped up the bunt. The 3 hitter flew out to deep right, whic would have scored the runner from 3rd had the bunt got down.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 11:02 AM
  • Does anyone know if all the games were completed today (Saturday)?

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 8:41 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: