High School Baseball Forum: The Karate Kid Top 15

Posted by Daniel LaRusso on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 10:27 AM:

1. Notre Dame - Graviett just wins. They reload and you can complain all you want, they have never been bad. I wouldn't look for them to be bad in the future as well. 5-0 is a nice start with quality wins against Valle, Sikeston, and Kennett.

2. Kennett - The Indians are off to a great start. Only loss coming to ND which everyone thought would go the other way. But that's why you play the games. Kennett will continue to get better and they will have as good a shot as anybody to win the district.

3. Valle - Only loss came to ND. They are playing well. Just like ND they are going to reload.

4. Sikeston - Only loss to ND. Young group is starting to get better and getting quality experience. The sky is the limit for this team. They will be tough to beat at the end of the year.

5. Jackson - Kind of a rough start for what everyone was expecting, but they have some good wins and the talent is there. Coach Kitchen will have them ready to go at the end. Sometimes the better team doesn't win the game. That's what makes sports fun, especially in baseball. One guy can change the whole game.

6. Cape Central - The Tigers play a tough schedule and are always battle tested. They have been in some tough games just have to find a way to get the big hit. You have to hope it will come.

7. Twin Rivers - Twin Rivers wants to win. They are a tough small school, with a great coach. They will be tough to beat in the end. If they don't win the ballgame, they might whip you at dodgeball.

8. Clearwater - Undefeated again. All they do is win in Piedmont. Coach Mac does an incredible job. They will get the #1 seed in their district and be the team to beat.

9. Oran - Looks like the Eagles are for real again. They will be a force in 1A and big schools might have trouble in a 1 game playoff.

10. Cooter - MAC BASEBALL must have some special kool aid down there. The Wildcats are always tough and will look to get a boost when the Watkins kid reenters the line-up.

11. Perryville - Surprise, the Pirates are tough. They are having fun and they think they can win. Their in a tough district, but their kids believe right now. Believing you can win is half the battle.

12. Chaffee - The young kids apparently don't like losing. Mix in a few upperclass leaders and the success speaks for itself. Better figure out how to beat Valle.

13. St. Gen - has some quality wins. Must be learning how to play ball the right way. The Dragons have a tough schedule that will only make them more competitive.

14. Crystal City - a few losses never hurt anyone. They still have an incredible 2A pitching staff and all of those young kids got a taste last year.

15. Charleston - We'll see how the Bluejays hold up when they play ther stretch of bigger schools coming up. They have shown signs of being tough.

Replies (15)

• Not bad, I can live with the top 10 that you have with maybe a slight tweak here or there. Certainly the top 5 is pretty dead on.

I would consider moving Perryville a few slots higher, probably Chaffee also

-- Posted by GreatFun on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 10:54 AM
  • I like the list I just want to know why everyone keeps putting cooter ahead of Chaffee. Ask Mac baseball who has the better team right now.. Chaffee out hit them last year 6-4 and left bases loaded twice. And Chaffee lost nobody and cooter lost 3 studs.

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 11:35 AM
  • MAC BASEBALL - who has the better team right now? Chaffee or Cooter.

-- Posted by Daniel LaRusso on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 11:41 AM

Haha your list looses all creditability with me... Nd 1 they are only the beat team in the area and you got ripped for putting them there in pre-season!

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 11:43 AM
  • jacksquat, everytime someone doesnt list chaffee where you want them you freak out. Can the people that make them not have their opinion? Make your own list. Put Chaffee 1, or 10. Just calm down, not everything has to do with chaffee

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 2:34 PM
  • There's like 40 baseball top tens.. Why not everyone just debate over one?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 3:06 PM
  • Well i guess you can jump me for supporting my hometown team.. i guess next time when you make a comment defending charleston i can jump you

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 3:12 PM
  • and i'm pretty sure everytime a person post this everyone usually debates so that's all i'm doing too.

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 3:13 PM

I believe this list is pretty accurate. I'm not very knowledgable of the smaller schools, but the bigger schools reflect about what I think they should be.

-- Posted by sherlockholmes on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 10:13 PM
  • Being on the Class 1 rankings committe, if Chaffee were in class 1, I'd probably rank them a step ahead of the Wildcats, does that mean the lesser ranked team couldn't win in a matchup? In our last poll I voted Oran a step ahead of the Wildcats, does that mean that you can't win because someone's rated higher? Ask the teams that just lost to Butler, they'll give you the answer. Valle Catholic is a prime example, barely class 2 like Chaffee, but 1 strike away from beating the # 1 ranked team in this particular poll. With the new bat regulations, if you can pitch it and catch it, hey, you have a legit chance to win. Daniel LaRausso-pretty good judge of area teams although Crystl City is very good.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Thu, Apr 7, 2011, at 11:31 PM
  • I agree with the lists but people that say those small schools arent playing big schools and thats why there winning are wrong TR beat Scott City and I believe that all those teams are good I'm just saying dont count out the smaller schools.

-- Posted by topman23 on Fri, Apr 8, 2011, at 6:41 PM
  • Is Scott City considered a big school?

-- Posted by Mck279 on Sat, Apr 9, 2011, at 8:59 AM
  • Is Scott City considered a big school?

-- Posted by Mck279 on Sat, Apr 9, 2011, at 8:59 AM
  • Scott City is class 3 which is the same as Kennet, ND, Perryville.

-- Posted by deadred on Sat, Apr 9, 2011, at 9:43 AM
  • Twin Rivers is a great ball club. They have had a couple impressive wins this season already. But im just not quite sold on Cooter. Yes, they always find a way to win, you cant argue with that. But Thursday they played Holcomb a 2-0 game with Holcomb missing several opprotunities to drive in runs. I personally think that Cooter is going to have to ride the back of Watkins and Anderson to have a chance, and i dont see it happening this year.

-- Posted by bleacherking on Sat, Apr 9, 2011, at 11:15 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: