High School Baseball Forum: Baseball Practice Starts today

Posted by Harp98 on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 9:14 AM:

I spent the weekend watching spring training games and I am ready for some high school baseball. Good luck to all the area teams this year (unless they are playing Sikeston).

Replies (23)

• It's a beautiful day outside.

-- Posted by minn13 on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 9:18 AM
  • Same here harp! Put on your waders and get out there you pansies! The rain has stopped, what more do you want?

-- Posted by deadred on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 9:30 AM
  • I agree baseballguy. Good luck to everyone at their tryouts......

-- Posted by Harp98 on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 9:50 AM
  • Minn13 how is Charleston going to be this year ? Looking forward to watching Naile throw.

-- Posted by Harp98 on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 11:12 AM
  • I think we'll be ok. We'll play hard and have nice looking jerseys. I can't wait to get started.

-- Posted by minn13 on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 11:48 AM
  • good luck. Keep up the good work on the unis.

-- Posted by Harp98 on Mon, Feb 28, 2011, at 12:58 PM
  • has anyone got to go outside yet?

-- Posted by Harp98 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 9:53 AM
  • We've been outside both days.

-- Posted by minn13 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 9:55 AM
  • glad to hear it. When is that wood bat game against ND.....?

-- Posted by Harp98 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 9:59 AM
  • April 14th @ ND. 6pm.

We actually hope to be on the field today. We have been wearing the cage, bullpen, and parking lot out. But being outside always beats being in a gym at 6pm.

-- Posted by minn13 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 10:06 AM
  • agreed. Good luck this year coach.....

-- Posted by Harp98 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 10:12 AM
  • Chaffee outside on the field today for first time and pitchers throwing live BP. Let the games begin!

-- Posted by deadred on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 10:13 AM
  • Thank you and look forward to seeing you around.

-- Posted by minn13 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 10:25 AM
  • good to hear deadred...How is Chaffee going to be this year? The younger Dooley kid came with us to one tournament last year....he should be a good one.

-- Posted by Harp98 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 10:26 AM
  • We should be pretty solid but as always, it comes down to hitting. We didn't lose anyone last year from the team that won districts. Pitching staff will be VERY solid with both Dooley's (Andrew-Sr, Daniel-Jr.), Davie (Jr.-lefty), Crowe (Jr.) and a freshman, Payne who might see some varsity time. The move up to class 2 was a shocker and now we have to contend with Valle in districts so it will be a tough road. Probable starters are 3 Srs, 4 Jrs., 1 Soph. and 1 Fresh. I can't wait to watch some baseball.

-- Posted by deadred on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 10:43 AM
  • I have seen Payne when he was younger at the Cal Ripken stuff. If he has changed he should be one of the better Freshmen around. Daniel was the one that played with us at K-State and I really liked his arm....Good Luck....

-- Posted by Harp98 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 10:57 AM
  • Same to Sikeston. I know you guys have some great players down there too.

-- Posted by deadred on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 11:19 AM
  • Thanks. Sikeston will be young but should be pretty good at least for the foreseeable future.

-- Posted by Harp98 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 11:30 AM
  • about payne in my post above---I meant to say if he hasn't changed... I was impressed with him when I watched him play. Sorry I just can't type.

-- Posted by Harp98 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 2:19 PM
  • Payne threw pretty hard a couple years ago for his age but I don't think his velocity is as fast for his age as it used to be. He did have a pretty good knuckleball though.

-- Posted by Jacksmith9 on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 8:41 PM
  • I saw Payne last summer several times and his velocity is well above average and he's matured on the mound too. Behind the plate the kid is a beast.

-- Posted by deadred on Wed, Mar 2, 2011, at 9:19 PM
  • Man its nice today, I hope everyone is getting out

-- Posted by Harp98 on Thu, Mar 3, 2011, at 12:56 PM
  • I've never seen tyler anderson play but i've heard he's good, i was just on the babe ruth website and he holds the record for home runs in a game and home runs in a series at the world series, and Tanner murphy holds the record for strikeouts in a game with 16... very impressive

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Thu, Mar 3, 2011, at 12:59 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: