High School Baseball Forum: Nathan Norman

Posted by RedShirt on Mon, Dec 13, 2010, at 11:55 AM:

Cape announces Nathan Norman as new football coach today!!! Thoughts??

Replies (6)

• Don't know him personally, but my thoughts based on the info I have gathered are 1) Excellent background (good player himself), and 2) A fine man who will know how to be a good coach and knows what it takes to win football games.

These are not always qualities that make a good coach, there is a leadership aspect to it. Is he a leader? Motivator? These are things I don't know.

I believe this hire was the obvious choice and a very good one. The entire Norman family from Brandon, to Nathan to Tyson (did I miss any?) are pretty solid men, which ostensibly came from their father as well.

He should carry Cape Central in a very good direction.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Mon, Dec 13, 2010, at 12:14 PM
  • The kids at Central that I have spoken with really like Nathan because he has been in the trenches and knows how to communicate with them. He certainly comes from a good family

Good Luck Nathan!

-- Posted by crackerjack on Mon, Dec 13, 2010, at 1:02 PM
  • Congratulations Nathan Norman. We wish you and your team the best of luck in the coming football season!!

-- Posted by Jim P on Mon, Dec 13, 2010, at 1:14 PM

Getting a running back corps to produce the program's first-ever 3,000 yard season is definitely nothing to sneeze at. Plus, he has that on-field swagger you need in a gridiron general.

Brings to mind the opening bars of one of my favorite reggae tunes, 'Champion' by Buju Banton

-- Posted by vincebrown on Mon, Dec 13, 2010, at 1:55 PM
  • This is a horrible hiring.....FOR Jackson!!! LOL

Van Hitt...look out Norman is gunning for ya!! BYE Indians...the tide is turning....

-- Posted by RedShirt on Mon, Dec 13, 2010, at 2:17 PM
  • Van Hitt taught Nathan Norman most of what he knows(Hitt was the defensive coordinator when Nathan was an all state linebacker at Jackson) and if Nathan had a chance he would have much rather have been head coach at Jackson. His first choice was Jackson. Best of luck to Nathan as he tries to do a good job at Central until he gets his chance again at Jackson. I just hope the arm-chair quarterbacks at Cape don't ruin his enthusiasm for football.

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Sat, Dec 18, 2010, at 9:07 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: