High School Baseball Forum: American Legion State Tourney

Posted by GreatFun on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 11:35 AM:

4 teams are in it, including Zone 4 winner Festus.

Blue Springs is sitting in drivers seat at 2-0, having beaten Festus 4-3 bouncing Festus to losers bracket where they play Carthage right now for a right to try to beat Blue Springs twice to win it all. The tourney wraps up today so for Festus to come back and win it all they will have to win 3 games today, first against Carthage and then beat Blue Springs twice. Tough going for them but they showed as our Zone 4 winner that they are a very good team.

Replies (11)

• Our local Zone 4 winner Festus has defeated Carthage 9-1 this morning leaving only two remaining teams to compete for the state championship. Festus will need to defeat Fike-Blue Springs twice today to repeat as state champs. These two teams played on Friday I believe with Blue Springs squeaking out 4-3 win.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 1:05 PM
  • And both teams have qualified for the Midwest Regional. Blue Springs-Fike is the host next week, so Festus will represent Missouri, Blue Springs the host. Congrats. They're beating Blue Springs right now 7-1 in the first Championship Game.

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 1:49 PM
  • can someone please update the score?

-- Posted by player25 on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 2:26 PM
  • Festus won 11-2 and so there is one final game upcoming for the state championship. Starts at 3 or 3:30. This site is where I have been getting info but coverage is not "Live" like it is supposed to be. I have found it to be difficult to follow the site. Coverage has been poor.

http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=TEAMSports

-- Posted by GreatFun on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 2:57 PM
  • Festus is leading Fike-Blue Springs heading to the top of the 2nd inning in this final winner take all game. They jumped on Fike-Blue Springs like a junkyard dog, leading 4-0 after the first!

-- Posted by GreatFun on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 3:34 PM
  • score?

-- Posted by player25 on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 4:12 PM
  • This is NOT a typo! Festus trounces Blue Springs 21-2 in the second game for the championship. Impressive.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 5:17 PM
  • And that was their third game of the day. What a feat.

I wonder how many Crystal City kids play for them? How about Valle players? Does anyone know?

-- Posted by GreatFun on Sun, Aug 1, 2010, at 8:19 PM
  • I have been following Festus to see how they continue to do in post season after winning the local Zone 4 tourney. After winning the state tourney, they are faring very, very well in the Central Plains Regionals. They were 2-0 until they lost to Minnesota by one run, but they came back today and won another so they are 3-1 and still very much alive.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Sun, Aug 8, 2010, at 3:52 PM
  • I do not know how many Crystal City kids are on the roster but I imagine a few..I know for sure that the Hayes kid has come back from arm trouble that hampered him at the end of the school season to pitch well for them..The Valle players play for Ste. Gen Legion...Great Fun, you have an update on how things finished up?

-- Posted by deckerd31 on Tue, Aug 10, 2010, at 11:02 AM
  • Minnesota won the regional Monday night...Festus 2nd place....

-- Posted by RedShirt on Tue, Aug 10, 2010, at 11:09 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: