High School Baseball Forum: SEMO Baseball Rankings (Small & Large Schools May 2)

Posted by drawmules on Sun, May 2, 2010, at 2:39 PM:

Here are my latest rankings:

Large School:

1. Notre Dame

2. Kennett

3. Sikeston

4. Dexter

5. Cape Central

Small School:

1. Clearwater

2. Twin Rivers

3. Scott City

4. Charleston

5. Bernie

6. Cooter

7. Senath

8. Malden

9. South Pemiscot

10. Chaffee

How would you rank the teams semoball fans? I would greatly appreciate assistance.

Replies (21)

• Scott City is the only team listed in the rankings I have not watched this season. Does anyone have thoughts regarding Scott City? How will Scott City perform in districts?

-- Posted by drawmules on Sun, May 2, 2010, at 2:45 PM
  • Scott City should have no problem winning their districts. They have beaten most of the teams already or, beaten teams that have beaten the teams. The only thing could be facing Charleston if Naile pitches but, I still think they would win that matchup.

-- Posted by deadred on Sun, May 2, 2010, at 4:54 PM
  • I'm not sure about Twin Rivers being ranked 2nd. They are a good team just not sure they are that good. Saw them Friday against Naylor and had Naylor not made 7 errors they might have beaten Twin Rivers. Stockton pitched good for TR and the kid from Naylor was equally good.

-- Posted by truebaseballfan on Sun, May 2, 2010, at 6:42 PM
  • Not quite sure Cape central deserves to be below sikeston and dexter. they have already beat sikeston this year but i guess we will find out monday if they truly are better. I would like to see the Cape vs Dexter game with both teams pitching their aces

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, May 2, 2010, at 6:46 PM
  • The argument SemoSports brings could be valid. I thought the same thing when I ranked the teams?

-- Posted by drawmules on Sun, May 2, 2010, at 8:01 PM
  • Cape Central already beat sikeston and kennett.. dont know why they are below them.

-- Posted by dukefan30 on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 8:56 AM
  • They also lost to Jackson 9-1. A team Kennett has beaten.

-- Posted by Tell 'em on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 9:32 AM
  • go indians beat the bulldogs!! who all is going to watch that game tonight??? should be good.

-- Posted by long ago on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 9:34 AM
  • go indians beat the bulldogs!! who all is going to watch that game tonight??? should be good.

-- Posted by long ago on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 9:34 AM

It doesnt matter if they lost to jackson they beat kennett straight up and beat jackson the second time when it mattered. They also beat sikeston and are gonna beat dexter

-- Posted by JungleStud on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 11:52 AM
  • They also lost when it mattered. This is not an official ranking..just a member's thoughts. Prove him wrong later in the year.

-- Posted by Tell 'em on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 3:47 PM
  • Do u really credit the win over Kennett? I think they used there #5 pitcher resting for semo conf tourney! Might be in same conference but definately not in there league!

-- Posted by dirtysouth on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 6:23 PM

Sikeston 7, Cape Central 1. Thoughts, junglestud?

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 7:11 PM
  • Sikeston beat Cape pretty easy tonight. I say the rankings are accurate.

-- Posted by Bulldogs2010 on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 10:49 PM
  • Looks like the scores have spoken. Rankings look good.

-- Posted by Tell 'em on Mon, May 3, 2010, at 11:36 PM
  • Perhaps the rankings look good but after Dexter's performance in the tournament I'm starting to wonder if I have them ranked too high.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, May 4, 2010, at 12:07 AM

2nd last year and 3rd this year in the conference. Doesn't sound too shabby to me. Glad SHS is doing well with their sports programs. Proud alum here.

-- Posted by sbulldog4life on Tue, May 4, 2010, at 12:31 AM
  • sbulldog4life

In my opinion, if there was an award for athletic program of the year Notre Dame, Sikeston and Kennett would be the three schools most likely to win the award this year.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, May 4, 2010, at 12:46 AM
  • I concur with the athletic program of the year comment draw. Sikeston's program really seems to be going in the right direction on many levels, not the least of which is girls soccer as of late. Who is their athletic director? He/she should get some major kudos.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Tue, May 4, 2010, at 8:37 AM
  • drawmules

Might want to consider Oak Ridge a little bit cross country 2nd in state, basketball 22-5 loss in district finals to Bernie baseball who knows.

One of the best years ever for Oak Ridge boys sports.

-- Posted by oak ridge fan on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 6:40 AM
  • Twin Rivers over Cooter 2-1 last night. Stockton gets the win for the Royals.

-- Posted by semobaseballfan on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 1:40 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: