High School Baseball Forum: SEMO District Tournaments(All Classes)

Posted by Sports Rat on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 10:23 AM:

What is everyone's thoughts on the District Tournaments in the area?? Who wins and what surprises should we be looking for over the next week??

Response by Josh Mlot, Sports Editor, Southeast Missourian:
test

Replies (45)

• Class 4 districts 1 & 2 should be fun to watch. My prediction would be I would not be surprised if the #1 seeds in each don't win by what I've seen out of the #2,3,4 seeded teams.

-- Posted by thatDude on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 2:50 PM
  • Class 1 District 1 Baseball scheduled for today has been rained out and rescheduled for Monday starting at 12:00 (Cooter VS Southland) and 2:00 (Gideon/Risco VS Clarkton) with the finals being Tuesday at 4:00. (see MSHSAA website for the updated bracket.)

-- Posted by mac baseball on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 3:14 PM

Class 4 district 1 after 5 1/2

#7 Fredricktown 1

#2 Notre Dame 1

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 10:02 AM

Class 4 district 1 after 6

#7 Fredricktown 1

#2 Notre Dame 5

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 10:23 AM

Class 4 district 1 Final

#7 Fredricktown 1

#2 Notre Dame 5

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 10:29 AM

Class 4 district 1 after 3

#6 NMCC 0

#3 Perryville 1

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 12:36 PM
  • C2D3: Fourth-seeded St. Vincent dethrones three-time defending state champion and top-seeded Valle Catholic 3-2.

-- Posted by The Legend on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 3:21 PM
  • WOW big time upset

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 5:48 PM

Was at the game. Hats off so SV. Valle chose a bad time to play their worst game of the year.

-- Posted by BlueNote on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 6:24 PM
  • I've seen both teams several times this season.

I don't know that Valle played their worst game of the year. It looked like SV pitched a heck of a game to keep Valle off balance at the plate and defensively, for the second game in a row, SV was stellar. Consistently clean defense and a few big time plays.

Against Meadow Heights, Hennemann and Dobbelare pitched a good one. Monier had a big catch in left, several big plays at short, big stretch at first by Hennemann in top of seventh, huge top of seventh defensively for Clifton and Riehn.

Today, much of the same. Monier was so steady on the mound for all seven innings. Outfield had many put outs, including a big grab by Lappe in left at a key moment. The infield knocked everything down. Klein had a huge out to start seventh and Clifton finished it off with last two put outs.

Everyone knows Valle is a well coached team with an historic run in baseball and football. Today may not have been their best, but St. Vincent may have had something to do with it.

-- Posted by whereyoubeen on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 9:34 PM

No. It was their worst game. You haven't watched any of their games if you don't come to that conclusion. Valle is hands down a better baseball team than St. Vincent, but baseball is a funny game. Stick with soccer.

-- Posted by BlueNote on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 11:28 PM
  • Welcome to the internet in 2017. One person gives a reasoned, thoughtful opinion, the next is rude and insulting and says things they'd never say to anyone's face. Don't waste your time on this lowlife soccergirl.

-- Posted by richierich on Sun, May 14, 2017, at 10:11 AM
  • Of course, they lose and it's their worst game. Go home Valle fan and give SV credit.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, May 14, 2017, at 11:29 AM

I said hats off to them? It doesn't change the fact that they played a terrible game.

-- Posted by BlueNote on Sun, May 14, 2017, at 11:56 AM
  • Bernie goes down in class 2 today as well!

-- Posted by Humpback on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 5:05 PM

Any update on North County and Festus

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 9:20 PM
  • Caruthersville and SC?

-- Posted by hawkeye1985 on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 9:48 PM
  • It was a terrific effort by St Vincent once again. Maybe they are just playing well at the right time?

In watching, I realize that Bismarck had several errors, but kudos to St Vincent for taking advantage and reeling off a few timely hits.

Pitching and defense. Again the story. Dobbelare started. Clifton finished. Strong catch on the run for Lappe in left again. Unterreiner a big catch in right when SV was in a little bit of a jam.

Hope they can keep rolling along.

Any ideas on who they might be looking at for next round?

-- Posted by whereyoubeen on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 12:23 PM
  • Class 5 District championship goes to Poplar Bluff.

Bluff beat Jackson 8-0.

-- Posted by thatguy99 on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 1:29 PM
  • I see where they removed the comment about the Senath coach's quote on why they got beat Monday (from the DDD news). I guess that it's ok for him to criticize another school's field and the decision of other district coaches to have the tournament there, but it's not ok to criticize his comments?

-- Posted by Slim shady on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 6:09 AM
  • Very interesting indeed, Slim Shady. My thing is this...he was quoted as saying something along the lines of his pitcher threw 5 shutout innings before two fly balls ruined his day...so basically for 5/7 of the game it wasn't an issue? With the bats being the way they are, I think playing at a field like Bernie is much less of a big deal than it was in the mid to late 2000's when bats were much hotter. Just my two cents.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 7:41 AM
  • Sikeston ND game was a pretty good game last night. Both teams experienced all the momentum on multiple occasions and had a crazy ending. Both teams played hard and Sikeston came out on top. If South Pem wins today, there's going to be lots of Bulldogs that can make noise in the playoffs.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 10:12 AM
  • Lol. Why do they bother covering his tracks, anyway?

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 12:22 PM
  • What I find interesting is how South Pemiscot lied about the pitch count on Cain and got caught! Win or lose u will have to play Campbell without ur hometown umpire and ur 1and 2 pitcher! So let's play ball! U want to talk about a coach let's talk about a coach that cheats!

-- Posted by BFan on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 12:42 PM
  • Oh my. Is it 100% true pitch count submitted was not the actual amount? If so, what happens? I've wondered when this might occur.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 12:55 PM
  • Does anyone know who Portageville has next?

-- Posted by But on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 12:59 PM
  • Portageville vs Twin Rivers on Wed, 5/24

-- Posted by hoopsguru on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 1:05 PM
  • It was suppost to be the true pitch count! 45 and under would make him able to pitch today! It's more and was called on it, so he can't pitch today! Why have a pitch count if one team wants to try to bend the rules, if that was the case Campbell would be able to pitch the 1, he was only over by 5! What happens is you play for a District Championship with what u have like everyone else! Did that answer ur question?

-- Posted by BFan on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 1:47 PM
  • Pitch count discussion is now a moot point, Bfan.

Didn't play a factor in game.

-- Posted by Slim shady on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 8:11 PM
  • Coach House is one of the most respected men and coaches in the bootheel area, and the accusation alone that he'd try to cheat is so absurd it's hilarious. South Pem and Senath both had Cain at 45 pitches. Knowing that Bernie is the official book, Coach House took it upon himself to check with Bernie, and they had him at 47. Therefore, Cain didn't pitch, end of story.

-- Posted by Shank on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 9:18 PM
  • I absolutely agree shank. He is a good coach and most importantly a good man. It's a shame a parent has to get on here and troll for attention. By the way, nice going bfan "bulletin board" material for south pems kids probably wasn't a good idea. Especially, when your team was (and still is) in search for it's first district title. Obviously it didn't matter. Fortunately for all bfan' s account will probably be shutdown seeing as his son is graduating. Thank goodness.

-- Posted by canolifromvagilios on Wed, May 17, 2017, at 9:42 PM
  • We don't have a problem talking about a young coach that works hard and lives for the game but we get upset if there is an issue with a pitch count before a District Championship Game? Get real! Fact is 30mph winds on a small field played a factor in the game for both sides that why there was 12 homers and 19-15 score , South Pemiscot played hard late and won, I don't mind give them credit for that! As far as my account goes, sorry I have more in school and I call like I see it. As long as you have a pitch count you will have a lot more issues in the future!

-- Posted by BFan on Thu, May 18, 2017, at 3:11 PM
  • ^ So ur related to 2Trip2C?

-- Posted by hawkeye1985 on Thu, May 18, 2017, at 6:20 PM
  • Yes he is.

-- Posted by Slim shady on Thu, May 18, 2017, at 6:27 PM
  • Bfan-call it like you see it? You must be cross eyed because when I read most of what you type I think that it has to be a Jh kid skipping school and smoking cheap cigarettes outside the Sugar Shack.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, May 18, 2017, at 6:36 PM
  • Haha not to mention with the patonted visor on ozzy. This folks is the exact reason Campbell is still searching for a district championship.

-- Posted by canolifromvagilios on Thu, May 18, 2017, at 8:22 PM
  • Sorry guys guess y'all were with the group that went home early!

-- Posted by BFan on Thu, May 18, 2017, at 8:52 PM
  • Yessir, went home early without a title and now enjoying the summer. If I start to feel down I'll just go look at the past district championships for our program. You should do the same... Oh wait.. my bad

-- Posted by canolifromvagilios on Thu, May 18, 2017, at 9:12 PM
  • Looking at the mshsaa site it still says "tbd" for the location of the twin rivers vs. pville game. Has anyone heard where the game will take place? And looking at the records, it looks like twin rivers had a short season due to the flooding, are there any early predictions?

-- Posted by But on Fri, May 19, 2017, at 9:22 AM
  • Pville can hit, I'll take pville big

-- Posted by BFan on Fri, May 19, 2017, at 9:29 AM
  • I'm going to take twin rivers. Looking at the schedule portageville beat them early, but Teague kid will be available and takes them to another level.

-- Posted by canolifromvagilios on Fri, May 19, 2017, at 2:14 PM
  • I guess I'll never get a straight answer on why they removed Senath coach's comment in the paper from Monday's game. First they removed the comment on their website then they removed my allusion to the Watergate cover-up.

I'll bet it was aliens that came down from the mothership and erased the memories of all involved.

My second guess is that the quote was packaged, hidden, and sent out on the "W" train.

-- Posted by Slim shady on Fri, May 19, 2017, at 2:59 PM
  • ^ I'll bet 2Trip whines about it. Not that should matter but why erase what he quoted (directly) after a game? Is he not capable of living with what he says like everyone else??

-- Posted by hawkeye1985 on Fri, May 19, 2017, at 5:38 PM
  • I just think it's funny 2Trip finds a reason that the game was stolen from them (short field)...even though they had shut them out for 5 innings. Wasn't the field then. Maybe shoulda switched pitchers and blamed yourself for that instead of "well 2 fly balls at Bernie lost the game for us."

-- Posted by hawkeye1985 on Fri, May 19, 2017, at 5:42 PM
  • But, the Pville/Twin Rivers game is Monday at Pville, 4game time.

-- Posted by BFan on Fri, May 19, 2017, at 5:53 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: