Other College Sports Discussion: Former SE Missouri athlete finishes 7th in Nation

Posted by jmurphy on Wed, Jul 15, 2015, at 10:09 PM:

This comment is for Rachel Crader. I'm friends with Eric Schott's parents and his dad was telling me about Eric's recent 7th place National finish in the division 2 National Track and Field meet a few months ago. He mentioned that he had sent the information to the SE Missourian on multiple occasions and actually mailed you a copy of Missouri Southern State University article about Eric's race yet the SE Missourian has failed to mention this great accomplishment. Wondering if there is a good reason nothing has been printed in your paper. Thanks for reading can't wait to hear your response.

Replies (3)

• Rachel no comment on this, still trying to understand why it was never in the paper even though Jon Rust forwarded it to you.

-- Posted by runner50 on Tue, Dec 8, 2015, at 7:29 AM
  • Congrats to Eric Schott on a great accomplishment!

Most fans care about football, basketball, and baseball. Go to a football or basketball game and it's a community event. Go to a cross country race and you'll meet a lot of nice parents.

You already know this.

The SE Missourian survives by reaching the greatest number people possible with the news they care about. That ain't cross country.

BUT, they do offer forums on Semoball where readers can share information on sports that don't get a lot of coverage. As someone who follows cross country, That's how I learned about Eric's achievement.

So when you learn of a great accomplishment, share it here, share it on Facebook, share it with the world. Just don't be surprised or angry when it doesn't generate a lot of interest. Some of us will still be happy to see it.

By the way, I believe Rachel Crader left some time ago for a job in San Diego. I'm surprised your buddy Jon Rust didn't share that with you.

-- Posted by Fish on Tue, Dec 8, 2015, at 11:12 AM
  • Congrats to Eric Schott on a great accomplishment!

Most fans care about football, basketball, and baseball. Go to a football or basketball game and it's a community event. Go to a cross country race and you'll meet a lot of nice parents.

You already know this.

The SE Missourian survives by reaching the greatest number people possible with the news they care about. That ain't cross country.

BUT, they do offer forums on Semoball where readers can share information on sports that don't get a lot of coverage. As someone who follows cross country, That's how I learned about Eric's achievement.

So when you learn of a great accomplishment, share it here, share it on Facebook, share it with the world. Just don't be surprised or angry when it doesn't generate a lot of interest. Some of us will still be happy to see it.

By the way, I believe Rachel Crader left some time ago for a job in San Diego. I'm surprised your buddy Jon Rust didn't share that with you.

-- Posted by Fish on Tue, Dec 8, 2015, at 11:13 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: